Here comes a happy summer
Can you see it? It’s so close you can practically touch it. Summer is just around the corner.
With summer comes outdoor living and entertaining. With summer come friends and neighbours and family visits.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have all your summer meals outdoors, especially when the days are long and the sun stays in the sky into the evening?
Planning an outdoor kitchen takes time, however. If this is how you’ll enjoy summer this year, you will probably need to hire the right renovator for the job soon.
With any luck you will have spent the winter doing your homework, researching ideas and figuring out just what it is you would like to include. For example:
- You will probably want great outdoor appliances, a large covered area (and maybe a retractable awning), and outdoor sinks.
- You might want to protect the area with partial walls, landscaping or planting
- You might want a sleek bar area with under-counter refrigerators, garbage pullouts, large built-in drawers, and other storage for all the things you’d like to have at hand: condiments, glasses, plates, cutlery and so on.
- You’ll want a good floor that will not be slippery if there are spills ‒ but that clean up in a jiffy.
- You might consider a comfortable seating area for guests, gentle lighting, and an elegant dining area.
- Perhaps there will be a fire pit and a good music system, easy access to the indoor kitchen and powder room, and a screened-in area.
- You might want built-in flower planters and perhaps a small garden for growing herbs.
- You will want to consider the relationship of your new outdoor kitchen to your existing home and back yard.
There are plenty of excellent renovators in the Ottawa area who will help you decide the best plan and design that suits the space you have. They will offer suggestions about landscaping to suit the outdoor kitchen and enhance access to it from within your home so the “flow of traffic” works smoothly and efficiently and so the look of your outdoor kitchen blends well with the style of your home. Happy summer!