City launches Better Homes Ottawa – Loan Program to help homeowners make energy efficiency improvements
Through the new Better Homes Ottawa – Loan Program, homeowners can get a zero-interest loan of up to the lesser of $125,000 or 10 per cent of the current value of their home to cover the cost of home energy improvements.
Measures eligible for financing through the program include:
- Basement, attic and exterior wall insulation
- Air sealing (such as weather stripping or caulking)
- Window and door replacements
- Air and ground source heat pumps
- Solar hot water systems
- Solar photovoltaic systems
- Battery storage
- Electric vehicle charging stations (level 2)
- Additional dwellings such as granny suites or basement apartments (up to 30 per cent of the total loan amount)
The City is working with EnviroCentre, an Ottawa based non-profit organization to administer the program. Find out more about the Better Homes Ottawa – Loan Program and apply at betterhomesottawa.ca. The new Better Homes Ottawa website also includes everything you need to know to make your home more energy efficient and climate friendly.